- With Choice of New Leader, College Board Hopes to Extend Its Reach
- Reading In American Schools: Will Common Core State Standards Improve Literacy?
- City Instructs Schools to Expand Common Core Introduction
- ‘Common core standards’: education reform that makes sense
- Advocates Worry Implementation Could Derail Common Core
Curriculum21 Practices in Action.
Silvia Rosenthal Tolisano, Mike Fisher and Bill Sheskey visit the Martin J. Gottlieb Day School in Jacksonville, Florida. They observe a Middle School Language Arts lesson and participate in a discussion about the responsibility of journalism in the Digital Age. The Curriculum21 team learned about quality commenting on a blog from a video created by third graders and hear about the upgraded writing lesson necessary for the creation of the video. Finally the team has a chance to speak to the Head of School, Jon Mitzmacher, and learn about his vision for the school to become a Curriculum21 school.
- Martin J. Gottlieb Day School
- Quality Commenting Video by Third Graders at the Martin J. Gottlieb Day School.
- A Floor, but no Ceiling– Jon Mitzmacher’s Blog, Head of School at the Martin J. Gottlieb Day School