- On Site PD Services
- Webinars and Virtual PD
- Map Editing and Feedback
- Strategic Planning Services
- Mapping to the Core
- Curriculum Mapping
- Curriculum 21
- Active Literacy
Our work in Active Literacy follows the Seven School Wide Essential Active Literacy Strategies Heidi outlined in Active Literacy Across the Curriculum: Strategies for Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Listening (Eye on Education, 2006) :
- Strategy # 1- Employing Bi-Level Analysis of assessment data
- Strategy # 2- Replacing the old way of developing vocabulary with THREE distinct approaches to words in EVERY class.
- Strategy # 3- Elevating CREATIVE note taking and note making skills as evidence of text interaction.
- Strategy # 4- Using essential questions as a literacy comprehension tool by making it “mental velcro” .
- Strategy # 5- Developing a school wide consistent editing and revision policy for every class K-12.
- Strategy # 6- Formally developing and assessing speaking skills through Discussion Types Model and speaking genre.
- Strategy # 7- Mapping the strategies into the curriculum.
Active Literacy Across the Curriculum
by Heidi Hayes Jacobs
(Eye on Education book, 2006) 8.5 x 11 inches / 160 pages.